||2 weeks ago|
|.idea||10 months ago|
|Indicators/ABTrading||2 weeks ago|
|.gitattributes||1 year ago|
|.gitignore||7 months ago|
|LICENSE||2 weeks ago|
|README.md||2 weeks ago|
Based on Markus Heitkoetter's PowerX strategy. This indicator is written for NinjaTrader 8 and has the following key features as at the last update of this document.
- paint bars to reflect trend identification
- identify entry points based on signal bars
- identify when trades should be entered, denoted by chart markers
- dynamically display stop and target levels
- dynamically determine trade size based on your account size and a user-defined risk percentage
- all colours and many layouts are customizable
- ability to turn most features on or off so the indicator can fit the user's preferences
- indicator performs all calculations OnPriceUpdate making it suitable for realtime trading
download and instructions
The most up-to-date versions, pre-releases and source-code will be available via this git repo. A website for this indicator is located at https://ab-trading.solutions/ab-powerx. The website will have maintained (public) versions of the compiled indicator files along with instructions for installation and usage.
- BUGFIX: Fixed RSI calculation error
- BUGFIX: Fix exception if account was set to a non-existent entry or, in edge cases, to a null entry (thanks Chris!)
- Minor code updates, removal of redundant qualifiers and NinjaScriptProperty tags
- BREAKING CHANGE: The default risk management mode has been changed from "Percentage of account" to "Fixed contracts"
PLEASE update as soon as possible to this version. The resolved RSI bug should improve the accuracy of this indicator.
- BUGFIX: Parameters box dynamic updating fixed
Version 2.6 had a bug where dynamic properties were not updated in the properties box. Selecting certain properties should hide/display other properties, this was not working due to the namespace change. This release fixes the issue.
This is a maintenance-only update. This is no functional change versus version 2.5
- Use unified namespace so this indicator now appears under the ABTrading folder along with all other AB-Trading tools instead of in its own ABPowerX folder.
- License location has been updated to use the new AB-Trading domain.
- License has been modified slightly as per the unified single-license for all AB-Trading Solutions tools.
It is not necessary to upgrade if you are using Version 2.5. If, however, you are installing for the first time, * please use this version!*
- BREAKING CHANGE: Calculations are done On Price Change meaning that all calculations occur in realtime now
- fix: old levels reappearing in 'most recent only' mode
- fix: trigger levels treated as stops as opposed to limits
- performance enhancement: remove requirements for minimum bars before calculation
- performance enhancement: remove calculation delay while waiting for minimum required bars
- cleaner code formatting
- licence moved to online location
BREAKING CHANGE: This indicator now performs all calculations in realtime (OnPriceChange). It very likely will NOT work in any other mode including the previous default of OnBarClose. Please check and update/recreate any saved templates and ensure the calculation mode is OnPriceChange. This is necessary for future planned strategy integrations which will allow for testing/trade automation starting in version 3.0.
- catching up on user requests!
- option to include commissions in position sizing and risk calculations (checkbox in properties)
- N.B. this does NOT affect target calculations!
- Labels change, actual price levels do not
- option to trade a fixed number of contracts instead of calculating based on account size
- allow signals to generate without needing a neutral bar between them
- i.e. direct switch from buy to sell and vice-versa
Recommend recreating or at least reviewing any templates you have saved after updating to this version since some parameters have been modified and some new ones have been added!
- replace remaining calls to native NinjaTrader draw library with SharpDX calls
- finish moving all indicator calculations to
- ADR encapsulated in
- all indicators now encapsulated
- remove unnecessary indicator calculations
- ADR encapsulated in
- implement line-vectors and labels using their own encapsulated classes, massively reduce code-repetition
- target labels now have the same display options as risk labels for consistency
- distributed as compiled DLL for easier updates and installation
- source code now only available via this git repo
You MUST recreate any saved templates (e.g. your 'default' settings, etc.) after updating. Parameter tags have been removed/cleaned-up in the code and using old templates may cause unpredictable behaviour when NinjaTrader goes looking for those tags. Sorry!
- re-write all graphical elements to use GPU via SharpDX: ~4x faster performance even with large histories and many days worth of intraday bars!
- changes to labels for enhanced clarity
- entry point now clearly labelled long/short along with number of contracts
- stops now much easier to understand, options for ticks, dollars, both
- targets are more compact and list price only
- labels are more compact in general to reduce clutter
- fonts and colours are customizable
- fixed: occasional bug with entries not expiring on time
- redundant files during installation removed, no more annoying ‘file exists’ prompts
- code-base has been trimmed and extra comments added to help anyone wanting to learn from and/or modify it
- general speed optimization, the indicator is very responsive now
- full overhaul of backend logic, use classes and addon file
- fix incorrect identification of trigger bars!
- enhanced voiding signal bars as needed
- replaced recursive entry checks with real-time checking
- dynamic properties grids
- extensive customization
- add risk/reward lines
- add labels on lines
- add auto-position sizing with integrated account balance lookup
Version 0.1 (private)
- import indicators and perform basic bar highlighting
- logic to invalidate trigger bars as per strategy
- chart markers to highlight trades
- entry lines on chart
- basic customization and parameterization
Any and all questions, suggestions and inquiries regarding this indicator are best handled by filing an issue in this repo. Failing that, please email at me at firstname.lastname@example.org.